Guild Wars 2 Is Changing Billing Platforms
On December 8, we’ll be upgrading Guild Wars 2 billing processing by moving to a new, advanced billing platform. We’re excited about this change, and we hope it will allow us more opportunities for payment options and a better customer experience in the long run.
This transition will be mostly seamless, but there are a few things we’d like you to be aware of:
- In preparation for this change, there will be a 24-hour period when gem code redemption is unavailable. That means that if you’ve bought a gem card from a retailer, you’ll have to wait until after that 24-hour window is over to redeem your code.
- The gem code redemption maintenance will take place from December 7, 2013 4:00 PM PST to December 8, 2013 4:00 PM PST.
- You’ll still be able to buy gems in game through the Black Lion Trading Company during this maintenance period.
- Don’t worry – after the maintenance is complete, all gem card codes will work normally!
- If you chose to store your credit card information for easier purchasing, that information is secure and will not be moved over to the new billing platform. That means that you’ll need to re-enter your credit card information the next time you make a purchase. When you do that, you may choose to save your credit card details again for convenience.
- ArenaNet will continue to provide customer support for billing. If you have a question or concern about billing, please contact our Customer Service team.
That’s all! We’re expecting this to be a smooth transition, and we appreciate your patience.
-The Guild Wars 2 Team