Participate in the Stronghold PvP Public Beta Today!
Starting today at noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) and going for 24 hours, the second Stronghold Player vs. Player public beta will be happening on live servers.
To get started in the new PvP mode coming to Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™, you’ll need to head to the Heart of the Mists, which can be accessed through the main portal in Lion’s Arch or through the PvP panel icon located at the top of your screen. Once you’re ready, queue for an Unranked Arena match. You’ll see Battle of Champion’s Dusk as the featured map; vote for it, hit “Accept” when your queue pops, and enjoy the battle! Conquest matches can still be played in Ranked Arena.
If you want to learn more about how to play Stronghold, check out Ready Up: Episode 28 or read all about it on the official Guild Wars 2 site.
The first competitive Stronghold tournaments will also take place during this PvP public beta under the auspices of ESL, Academy Gaming, and AspectGG. Sixteen teams will compete in each region for a chance to earn gem codes and a mini llama. To watch the tournament live, you can view the following:
- The ESL Stronghold 5v5 Cup on Tuesday, June 2, at 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on these Twitch channels:
- English, hosted by Jebro and ChroNick: the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel
- German, hosted by Sputti and Blackmoa: http://www.twitch.tv/guildnews
- French, hosted by Waffle and Audio: http://www.twitch.tv/fureurwebtv
- Spanish, hosted by FariFariNos and Reihn: http://www.twitch.tv/farifarinos
- The Academy Gaming/AspectGG Stronghold Beta Cup on Tuesday, June 2, at 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7):
- Hosted by Storm and Heurix on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel