Tower of Nightmares Guide
A massive, deadly Tower has been revealed in Kessex Hills, built by the new Toxic Alliance of krait and Nightmare Courtiers! This guide will help you get started in the fight against this new threat.
Welcome to the Tower of Nightmares.
- When you log in to Guild Wars 2, you’ll receive a mail from Marjory Delaqua detailing the current situation in Kessex Hills. Lady Kasmeer has found a crack in the mesmer illusion veiling the vile tower in Viathan Lake—and she needs your help! Find out where you need to report using the Show Me button at the bottom of the message.
- If you haven’t visited Kessex Hills before, take the Canal Ward exit from Lion’s Arch into Gendarran Fields, then stay on the main road heading west to the Kessex Hills entry portal near the Traveler’s Dale Waypoint. Once you’re in Kessex Hills, travel southwest – you’ll be able to see the Tower before too long.
- If you’re above level 25, you’ll be automatically entered into a solo story instance upon first loading into Kessex Hills. If you’re level 25 or below, you can talk to Marjory Delaqua at the investigation camp at Thunder Ridge to play through the instance. You’ll be side-kicked up to level 80 to experience the story.
- If you find yourself lost or unsure of what to do next, check the objectives listed immediately below the Tower of Nightmares World UI in the upper right corner of your screen.
Developing an Antitoxin
- Marjory Delaqua is working furiously to develop an agent that will counteract the deadly toxins created by the Tower of Nightmares. The choking fumes are so dense around the base of the Tower that all who have attempted to breach its walls or cleanse its conditions have been overcome and perished. Bring Pristine Toxic Spore Samples to Marjory in order to aid her in her research.
- Tip: Pristine Toxic Spore Samples can be gathered from fallen enemies and obtained as rewards from participating in events against the Toxic Alliance.
Stop the Spreading Spores
- Throughout Kessex Hills and surrounding areas, massive Toxic Spores are landing and creating Toxic Offshoots. These new offshoots are being protected by the Toxic Alliance wherever they fall, so it’s up to you and your fellow heroes to band together and destroy them.
- Tip: As with the tower itself, these offshoots are heavily fortified. Use the provided siege equipment to take down these blights on the landscape.
- These events are taking place in Kessex Hills, Queensdale, Gendarran Fields, Caledon Forest, and Brisban Wildlands.
New Events in Kessex Hills
- Champions of the Toxic Alliance have been seen taking over waypoints in Kessex Hills. Defeat these champions to push back their noxious influence and make the area safe for travel again.
- Ireko Tradecamp, the Eukaryan Plateau, and Mudbay Digs have seen increasing Toxic Alliance activity: Help keep Kessex Hills out of the Toxic Alliance’s grasp!
- Aid your allies by guiding caravans of supplies for the fight against the Toxic Alliance to the havens of Kessex Hills.
- Dolja, a Priory Arcanist residing at the camp at Thunder Ridge, is investigating how the strange Krait Obelisk Shards that have appeared in the world might play into the notoriously unfriendly krait’s sudden alliance with the Nightmare Court. Talk to Dolja to get a Krait Obelisk Shard Transcriber, then hunt down and decipher the Shards!
- Tip: Look for the blue Krait Obelisk Shard icons to guide you to the 24 Krait Obelisk Shards in the world.
New Items and Rewards
- Universal healing skill: No matter your profession, you can use a form of antitoxin to heal yourself and nearby allies while also removing toxic pollen, poison, torment and confusion! The Antitoxin Spray healing skill can be unlocked in your skills panel for 25 skill points, or can be bought from Marjory for Pristine Toxic Spore Samples after completing the Toxic Spore Sampler achievement.
- Complete the Tower of Nightmares meta achievement to earn a Krait Obelisk Shard for your home instance! This will serve as a place of power, allowing you to unlock a skill point or charge Quartz Crystals for crafting.
- Pristine Toxic Spore Samples have a chance to drop off of fallen enemies and can be earned by completing events to fight against the Toxic Alliance. In addition to helping Marjory develop her antitoxin, these samples can be used to barter for goods from Marjory. They can also be used to create new consumables, runes, and sigils!
- The Tower of Nightmares meta achievement, which awards a Krait Obelisk Shard for your home instance, requires a total of 14 achievements for completion. You can progress this achievement track by completing achievements from the Living World: Tower of Nightmares section or Tower of Nightmares daily achievements.
- The Toxic Spore Sampler achievement is progressed by bringing samples back for Marjory Delaqua so she can research an antitoxin. Completing this achievement will grant you the ability to unlock or buy the Antitoxin Spray skill.
- The Toxic Krait Historian achievement, which tracks your progress on visiting and translating Krait Obelisk Shards in the open world, will award your perseverance with a Scroll of Knowledge. Use the Scroll of Knowledge to gain five skill points!